Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Sound of Saturday

Awoken by a dream I glance
at my phone wondering
Am I late?
Will I be rushing for work?
I look
I listen
No normal morning sounds
I remember
Saturday
No shrilling alarm
No traffic sounds
No urgency
I sink back into sleep only to be awoken
by the possibility of missing the light that
I miss at work
So craving sleep
I get up
And do the mindless Saturday things
I clean
I wash clothes
and I sit outside and listen
to the sounds of Saturday
I hear birds I cannot name
The buzz of a lawnmower
powered by a neighbour I don't know
A plane above takes people
to destinations unknown
and I dream with the buzz as it passes
of places that I do not know yet
I turn my face to the warm sun
revealed by the sound of a passing plane
and sit dreaming
thinking
the birds I cannot name
someone can
The owner of the lawnmower
has a story
The plane above is full of dreams
wishes
hopes
thoughts
Possibility
I yearn for the blossoms on my trees
that say Spring!
I yearn for warmer
I yearn for blossoms in abundance
I yearn for sunlight felt on
Saturday skin
not hinted at by sound
but felt
by warmth of the sun
seen in pink sweet smelling blossoms and Jasmine
I yearn for time to explore this sense
this scent
that is not confined to Saturday sounds
That is not confined to Saturday.

© Dominique Masson 2008

2 comments:

DKB said...

I like this very much!

I had a movie running through my head as I read it. Nice and full of imagery.

This blogging eh?! What a good way to have fun and entertain ourselves - and the most therapeutic and healthy way of doing it :)

I like I like. : )
x x x x

DKB said...

When are you going to add more to your blog, lady?